SCR film capacitors??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello anybody.

ELFA have a polypropolyne axial capacitor called Mfr. SCR. I think they are produced in France and should be very good:)

www.elsa.se then choose your language.

So have anyone off you tried them as decoupling or as a blocking capacitor in a audio circuit?

I am thinking off the one with 250V 10uF for decoupling in my preamplifer.

Thanks

Best regards

Film Cap

Sounds like Solen SCR caps. They are made in France and are sold worldwide with their names and a multitude of other names. They work as a coupling cap and I have used them for that in my preamp.

Solens tend to be a little bright to my ears. I met a tweaker at a DIY Meet who claimed he had a friend he could hear a Solen and discern it from other caps in an audio circuit. I must agree I can hear a Solen most times, because of their brightness. but I am not 100% Golden Ears but I know the Solens' sound.

Because of the size you need the SCR is a good choice based on price. I strongly suggest Auricaps, but they can be pricey for such a large cap.. In my equipment there has been repeatable enhancement in every place I have used an Auricap. YMMV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.