Motorola Fet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Compatibility

Magura said:
Or the real simple and easy solution, use IRFP240 for the N channel, and IRFP9240 for the P channel.

Magura:)

Yes I have another amplifier that I replaced with the IRF types. However this amplifier has one channel in tact and the other channel is fried, because the amplifier can be bridged I am concerned about cross conduction, bucking and or total failure of both OPS. Any thoughts?

Re: Ratings

AR1 said:
I need to find the following parts MTW 14P20 MTW 20N20.

AR1 said:

The IRF Parts are rated at 12 Amps D to S, The original Motorola parts are rated at 18 amps D to S. Do you feel this may be an issue? The OPS uses three parallel pairs.

The IRFP240 is rated 18A 200V, the MTW20N20 is 20A 200V, sure not a problem.

The IRFP9240 is rated 12A 200V, the MTW14P20 is rated 14A 200V, sure also not a problem.

Just replace the FET's in both channels, those IR parts are fairly cheap, so it's not gonna break the bank to do so.

Magura :)

Re: Re: Ratings

Magura said:

The IRFP240 is rated 18A 200V, the MTW20N20 is 20A 200V, sure not a problem.

The IRFP9240 is rated 12A 200V, the MTW14P20 is rated 14A 200V, sure also not a problem.

Just replace the FET's in both channels, those IR parts are fairly cheap, so it's not gonna break the bank to do so.

Magura :)

Thanks again, I did order the IRFP replacements, will see what happens.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.