discrete opamp modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
how about that SEARCH BUTTON?

"discrete opamp" exact phrase search give 72 threads

1st page of results has thread topics:

discrete opamp modules

MOX-like crossover and discrete opamp group buy

Dual discrete opamp PCB in DIP8

Nelson Pass discrete op-amp.

990 discrete opamp

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

then you should have a much sharper question by now

what application by op amp function, op amp replacement in commercial, DIY, PCB/KIT?

what circuit function are you wanting to improve?

mc phono or dynamic mic pre very different from active xover op amp replacement

opamps

Ok, fair point.

I am looking for commercial slot in modules (8 pin opamp socket) to use in place of my existing opamps as I am finding that I can't get a single opamp that sounds good all around. Perhaps due to the fact that they end up being a jack of all trades, require high levels of NFB, monolithic fabrication limitations etc. So I want to try a discrete opamp in my phono stage and preamp to see if that takes me a step forward. Some of the things that are missing in the sound I have heard in all discrete designs.

I have two options:

1) Look for an all out final solution if it exists and has the right price.

2) If it doesnt then find one that will allow me to compare discrete v monolithic so that I can ascertain whether or not it is worth building a "final solution" for myself - which will take a lot of effort.

I will need 6 units for the phono - 3 per channel. The first supplies half of the gain while the 2nd and 3rd provide the other half as well as the two stage active RIAA. My preamp is balanced and therefore needs 2 per channel for a total of four. I may well put them in my two headamps as well so that would be a total of 14 units. Obviously low noise is a factor for the first pair in the phono as is the shunt arragement in the 2nd and 3rd such that the input must be non-inverting for those four units else the whole RIAA will have to be rejigged.

I am also considering a composite opamp approach.

Essentially I want to see if there is any way I can test the principle before committing too much money and effort.

Regards,

Nick.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.