Recommendation for inexpensive fet inout opamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building quite a few portable preamps for my friends recording room and need some fet input opamps that can operate with a single 9v battery. I tried the opa2134 but need something a bit cheaper since most of the portable units will be lent out to various people and probably beaten to hell. Thanks for suggestions.

opa2134 is about as cheap as good op amps come, but they are limited in not swinging very close to the rails so they are a poor choice for single 9V battery supply

AD823 is a little pricier but does have r-r output and is often mentioed in lists of op amps for audiophile apps

but I don't understand worying about saving $2 on op amp price, surely connectors, pwb, assy time cost several times that

If size/space allows, I find it well worthwile to use two 9 volts. You'll get better headroom and won't need to use devices to establish a ground at 4.5 volts which would probably involve additional current usage and go out of balance as the battery fades. (Downside is that there goes the single-pole power on)
The TL072 is economical and often seen in high-quality commercial audio products. It has low noise and a slew rate of 13 v/us.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.