decoupling caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to use burr brown drv134 opamps for a project. ti site schematic shows a cap on each voltage input. Both are 1uf no are details are specified about cap. Maybe decoupling caps are on the output stage, which are specified. Anyway i am a beginner and just want to get the correct caps between power supply and op amps.
Thanks

Decoupling requirements are not set in stone. They depend on layout, supply source impedance and other circuit details. Treat these as other opamps. Have a search of the forum for designs and look at what others have done around their opamps, for ideas.
You also might look at another manufacturer's application notes for a functionally equivalent device.
Analog devices make the SSM2142 which is a drop-in replacement for the DRV134. I consider them interchangeable.
SSM2142

NB AFAIK there are no other equivalents.

:cop: Thread moved to Electronics and Parts for bigger a audience

Caps up to 1uF are small enough and affordable in non-polar types. Above this capacity, it is common to use a polar capacitor with a smaller non-polar cap in parallel.

If you are using several chips on the same board close together, it is usually ok to use one pair of larger polar caps, and a pair of smaller non-polar caps per chip. Mount these as close to the chip supply pins as praciticable. Try to keep a low impedance ground plane.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.