piezo switch?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
garbage said:
if i used them as replacement for my cdp's play button, would that work? do i wire them straight (for the non lighted piezo switches) in or do i need supporting circuitry?

Found this on their site:

http://www.schurterinc.com/products/switch_piezo_exp.asp

They are cool but may require a lot more design and electronics.

You can use the voltage output as input for a digital logic circuit too, which is also shown on the site.

It will probably work as a replacement for the play button, but im thinking you will need a buffer and possibly an inverter to interface.

I've tried the Schurter piezo switches

When I first saw these Schurter piezo switches with their ring LED illumination I couldn't resist. The first problem -->price!
The price I paid for two of these babys, someone else is already doing a complete project for. I payed about $200 for one pair. If it were just the price it would have been my smallest problem but........ getting these damn switches to do what they are planned for is another thing.

I wanted to use them as main switches for on/off. So my idea was to use a simple JK-FlipFlop (Logic IC 7473), connect the output to a transistor and switch a relais. I've done this already a few times with normal mechanical switches and always no trouble at all. It's just a few minutes work to adjust the two resistors (see picture below) to their optimum value and that's it. But this time ......no! These piezo switches output a variable pulse between 20 to 1000ms depending on how hard you press them. I've spent days to look for the optimum values for the two resistors to find a compromise which works with all impulse lengths but ....nope....no chance!

I'm already loosing my will to carry on so any help on this subject is appreciated.

Thanx
using_e

Attachments

• switch.gif
    switch.gif
    2 KB · Views: 89
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.