I beat my OCD!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you remember my other thread, where I was worried about soldering with lead solder due to OCD issues, then you might be interested to know I managed to confront my fear! I managed to solder some components onto my board, and I feel proud now :) I'm still feeling a bit worried/paranoid about what I might've done to myself, holding the solder, breathing the flux fumes etc, but I wouldn't have been able to even TOUCH something like solder a few days ago!

Pffft.... Poisonous materials....

My grandparents owned a foundry, and when my mother was young she used to play with little globules of mercury. My grandmother used asbestos sheet to rest the iron on. When termites got into the house, she'd dig out the wood and pump DDT into it.

I don't think I've suffered any ill effects :crazy:

Good to hear you've conquered your fear of solder :)

Well done:)

I know this was a difficult one for you to overcome. The satisfaction with being able to make your own circuits must be huge.

Your fear will reduce with every joint you make. I know, I used to have a panic attack every time I had to catch a train (the OCD thing) but now I use trains to commute to work and find them more relaxing than taking the car.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.