Created PCB layout in EAGLE. Whats Next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using Eagle 4.13 Light and I've made up a simple layout of a soft start circuit. The components are placed and all of the traces are done. I'd like to have a couple PCB's made and I'm not sure what I need to do next to get this done. Do I need to make Gerber files? How is the design in Eagle turned into the files necessary to prototype?

Thanks
Brian

You need the gerber and drill files.

There is a drillcfg.ulp in you function lib. Run this to create a tool list.

Next run the excellon.cam to create the drill files.

After this run the gerber.cam or gerb274x.cam depending on what fileformat your PCB manufacturer uses.

Then load the files into a gerber viewer and make sure that everything is ok. Make sure that the drill sizes match your components, and that you have enough cobber arround the holes to make a nice solder connection.

That is it, if you need more help please ask again, since it can cost serious $$$ if you make a mistake at this point.

Before ordering check and recheck all connections and pinouts on all the components you used, the standard libs are good, but not perfect!

\Jens

Re: or

lgreen said:
Wow, always wondered about this stuff. Nice thread.

I've just sent my native Eagle .brd files directly to Custom PCB. No need for gerbers, drills or anything else.
Having used CustomPCB before, they used some very different soldermask on them that really didnt cut it and flaked off easy and even while cleaning the board after with some metho the stuff all lifted off and made a right mess

So i woudn't use them for anything other than a once off if i was desperatre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.