Transformer Rewinding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all..

I'm not an engereer i'm really a newby here but love to learn all about electronics.. My questions are all about Transformer specially EI core type coz i got a lot of core with me with a different sizes but i dont know how to wind them so that i can use it in my project, my goal is to wind a trafo by my self but i dont know how to calculate the size and the # of turns in a given core size. I found a software called Silvio Klaic but i dont know if i can trust this software to make the windings.. if somebody knows how or where to find an info about this matter pls help me.

Joe

You need to use the search feature on this website. I have posted on a thread that I think Destroyer X started, where he linked to an excellent document describing how to rewind transformers. I have done several with this usual method. Google searching will also yield some helpful results.

I found it by using keyword razor, with my username, based on a post I remembered.

thanks stocker i've done serching but i think i need a lot of readings... my point is, is there an easy way to determine the number of turns and the wire thickness with the desired output voltages by just measuring the core size??
Any other info is appreciated..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.