Air-Core Inductor for X-over?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you don't have the access to the inductivity meter there are tables and guides at the net how to wind inductor witohut one.

These spec's gives you the right number of winds for particular wire as well as diameter of cylinder. I don't have the URL but Google will find it.

On the other way, if you have inductivity meter I don't see the problem.

Just make your winds tight using lot of strength while winding.

Get a threaded rod, attach a tube of the length and width you want for the inner part of the inductor.

Then use some disks with holes in the center to form the side walls.

Tighten everything up and attach it to a drill, attach the wire somehow, and just start drilling.

Use tie wraps at the end to hold it together.

Yes, I got it.

Originally posted by thomas997
PHP:
Tighten everything up and attach it to a drill, attach the wire somehow, and just start drilling.

Would it be speed too fast if using drill? It's a good idea. What's the way you use to attach the copper wire? Since the copper wire is laminated.

Baki said:
Yes, I got it.

Would it be speed too fast if using drill? It's a good idea. What's the way you use to attach the copper wire? Since the copper wire is laminated.

I would use a battery drill with adjustable speed. Or maybe even a dremel style one (with a switch to select speed to have an extra hand free). Might need more power if working with large gauges though.

To hold the wire you can drill a small hole in one of the disks on the side, then thread a bit of the wire through that. Or maybe there is a better way.

btw you can also use some wax paper or similar around the form so that the wire is easier to remove. Sometimes it gets stuck in place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.