I want to buy an Oscilloscope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, you guys are restoring my hope. I am at work right now so I will try the things you have suggested when I get home. Maybe with a little luck it will be alright. I was trying to hold out for a 100mgz scope but they just kept getting bid out of range. Hopefully I can get this one going and use it for the learning tool I need.

I'm sure this isn't the end of my newbee questions. I sure do appreciate the kind help.

Blessings, Terry

Yepp, I completely forgot Beam finder. This one should have it. And Terry no need for end of your or mine or somebody elses questions.

I bought my scope also a few weeks ago and still learning how to use it. I do have some experiences but during last ten years not using the thing they just vapourised.

I will also recomend an article XYZ of oscilloscopes from Tektronix somebody brought up somewhere in this thread I think. User manual is certainly helpfull reading too.

K-amps,

I would guess that the problem is in the mainframe and not the plugin. The 7000 series analog scopes were very popular and you have very good odds of finding a shop (calibration/repair facility) that will be able to repair the scope. If it was a CRT problem and I highly doubt the CRT is the problem here, there would be no hope as CRT's are scarce these days. You will have no problem getting it fixed.

Well, I tried the things you guys suggested. There is no trace on the screen. It does have a beam finder button and that did nothing as well. I guess it's toast. I don't suppose it would be worth trying to get it fixed?

I guess I'll start watching ebay again. I missed a Buy-it-now a week ago or so on a 100mgz B&K. It was local too. I could have just driven over and picked it up. Drat! I won't make that mistake again.

Wish me luck.

Blessings, Terry

scopes

Hi terry , I just got a four channel hitachi scope .I am not sure if it works yet . But i have a 2 channel tek 465b thats has one probe and manuals I will be looking to get rid of if the hitachi works.I havent used the tek in a year so I would have to test it . I got it cheap from a surplus web store.I wont be home till end of april though so It will probably be too long for you .

I'd want to get an oscilloscope:
That would be 100MHz(I'll be building other things than audio)
that would stay cheap and would be a long-term investment. + dual chan.

I'm looking at Hitachi V-1050
http://www.valuetronics.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=7970
(Bought at an used equpt. shop instead)

or any tektronix that could be cheap and do the job.

The used shop I'm talking about don't have prices on the internet, but I can ask them.

Someone know any 100MHz dual chan. oscilloscopes that are normally 150$ or less?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.