Radial 5 Watt 0.47 Ohm NEEDED!!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd February 2005, 05:06 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Radial 5 Watt 0.47 Ohm NEEDED!!!

Help!

I need to find some Radial Ceramic, cement filled Power resistors. I need a quantity of eight 5 watt 0.47 ohm resistors if anybody has some??

RCD PV5-0.47 or Xicon PRM5-0.47 or similar.

I would be willing to buy up to 100 depending on price if i needed to buy them in that large of a quantity.

I only need 16 of them but can get buy with 8 at minimum.

I have checked, Digi-Key, Newark, Mouser, and several other local houses with no luck.

Xicon through mouser is out of stock until mid april. but i can get them for .31 cents each.

A small parts house can get them from RCD in 4 days, but i need to buy 100 at a cost of $1.68 each!

Drastic price difference!

If anyone has a source for these and they have them in stock for a reasonable price. please let me know.

I would pay the $1.68 each if i could buy just what i needed. but at a min of 100, i cant swing that....

Thanks

Zc
Old 22nd February 2005, 06:38 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Zero,

Why not go to Parts Connexion and use Mills MRA-5 resistors. The are top notch audio power resistors and much better than the ones you propose. They are $1.85 in quantities less than 25 and $1.67 in quantities 25 or greater and are in stock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image007.jpg (24.5 KB, 122 views)
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:52 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I am replacing some on a board, I dont have room to mount anything else. and the part is subject to high vibration. they have brackets that fit the resistors for added support so i need to replace them with the same thing.

Thanks for the suggestion. believe me, i have already thought of that. i could just use standard white coffin types at .30 cents each or less if i had the room.

For this project i need to find the real deal.

Zc
Old 25th February 2005, 02:36 PM   #4
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi,
rapid electronics (try google) are UK based and sell ceramic radial TRUOHM in that value @ 30p each (about 58cents US). free post on min order else pay, small quantities supplied. many of their prices are very competitive here in UK
Old 25th February 2005, 03:47 PM   #5
markp is offline markp  United States
diyAudio Member

Caddock makes exactly what you are looking for. Try to find a supplier that will sell you only 8 might be harder but very worth it. They will take the vibrations with ease.

Hide this!Advertise here!