Radial 5 Watt 0.47 Ohm NEEDED!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help!

I need to find some Radial Ceramic, cement filled Power resistors. I need a quantity of eight 5 watt 0.47 ohm resistors if anybody has some??

RCD PV5-0.47 or Xicon PRM5-0.47 or similar.

I would be willing to buy up to 100 depending on price if i needed to buy them in that large of a quantity.

I only need 16 of them but can get buy with 8 at minimum.

I have checked, Digi-Key, Newark, Mouser, and several other local houses with no luck.

Xicon through mouser is out of stock until mid april. but i can get them for .31 cents each.

A small parts house can get them from RCD in 4 days, but i need to buy 100 at a cost of $1.68 each!

Drastic price difference!

If anyone has a source for these and they have them in stock for a reasonable price. please let me know.

I would pay the $1.68 each if i could buy just what i needed. but at a min of 100, i cant swing that....

Thanks

Zc

Zero,

Why not go to Parts Connexion and use Mills MRA-5 resistors. The are top notch audio power resistors and much better than the ones you propose. They are $1.85 in quantities less than 25 and $1.67 in quantities 25 or greater and are in stock.

Attachments

• image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 135
I am replacing some on a board, I dont have room to mount anything else. and the part is subject to high vibration. they have brackets that fit the resistors for added support so i need to replace them with the same thing.

Thanks for the suggestion. believe me, i have already thought of that. i could just use standard white coffin types at .30 cents each or less if i had the room.

For this project i need to find the real deal.

Zc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.