CRT Driver Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay. I have no money. My 27" CRT sucks. It's from 2000 and it has only RF and composite and no comb filter.

Solution?

Build a new CRT driver for it, of course!

I want to use a TI TVP5146: http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/tvp5146.html

It's a Panasonic TV, a cheap model that is 5 years old this month. The chips on the current board are an AN5166K and MN1874088TL3. The tube is a 30.5KV, model M68LGL061X. I'm trying to look up those ICs and have found some hits but have not found their functions yet.

...Suggestions? I know it's not a simple thing to just slap together on some perfboard and throw in, but it will still be better for me than buying a new TV.

I've got pictures if it'll help...

I am looking at Philips ICs right now to see if I can find one cooler than the 5146.

Donoman

I wouldn’t recommend building your own CRT driver board.
These things are specially designed to deal with the high voltage and overvoltage that can occur.
Also, here at DiyAudio we don’t allow television discussions for safety reasons.
I’m closing this thread, hope you understand. Feel free to join other discussions as your enthusiasm is highly appreciated.

/Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.