Cheap DC power supplies?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a power brick or wall transformer that can output 24VDC at ~1.2A or so. They seem to be pretty expensive because the most common thing that needs that much current at that high of a voltage is a laptop computer. I guess they figure they can get away with price gouging people for the power supplies because they're meant for expensive electronics. Does anybody know of a good source for these? I'm still hoping that I won't have to build one myself.

-greg

maylar said:
Partsexpress has a 24V 1 amp wall wort:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=120-1180

If you need regulation search for open frame power supplies on the web, there's hundreds of companies doing them.

There are also a number of surplus type electronics vendors on the web and sometimes they come up with bargains. I seem to have lost all my links to them tho, sorry :(

Hey, thanks! Two days ago I looked at the adaptors at partsexpress and somehow only saw the 24AC adaptors and not the one thats 24DC. :rolleyes: One amp might be enough, and $18.60 is better than the $30-$45 average that is the best I've been able to find anywhere else.

-greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.