flexible wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not the guy to answer this. But isn't Teflon, i.e. PTFE, and the other materials with same characteristics, FEP and PE, pretty stiff? I don't know which materials are widely used, but foamed PE is at least more flexible than those others. But the key here, I would think, is multi-stranded wire, like litz. The softest alternative ought to be silicone-isolated multi-strand wire.

I think I know the stuff you're talking about. Flexible as an elastic band and soft to touch as well as super flexible? That's just ordinary PVC. I have some small-signal hookup wire of that stuff, 30Ga stranded and a bundle of it almost feels like cat fur, heh ;)

Yes, PVC is indeed flexible. But with Teflon coming up I thought that was out of the equation. Also, I have only seen foamed PE in readymade cables. I doubt it's widely used in hook-up wire. Of course, if you like it nice and tidy, you can get some communication or control multi-connector cable. Again PVC isolated and cheap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.