DIY RCA: Silver Plated Copper Wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alkali metals are extremely reactive. where thoes resistance measuremnts taken in a vacome where they could not oxidise or react with the water vapor in the air? most likely not. And if they were. I never claimed to be the all knowing. Just converying information that i have learned to you all :)

As to the original question.

I have used LOTS of silver plated, Teflon insulated wire from Apexjr and have been very happy with it. Soldering and sound are as good as to be expected, and it is not that expensive.

I use it in most of my projects for power and control wiring.

I used 2 sets of 6 strands of 16ga braided for an 8-foot pair of speaker wires.

I then bought some 16ga Canare Quad spkr wire and made some 8 ft leads.

I love both. Both are terminated with silver solder and Vampire Wire gold spade terminals.

I also switch between balanced interconnects made from Silver Sonic BL-1 and Kimber Kable KC-1.

Components are:

Proceed AVP -- Jeff Rowland Model 2 -- B&W 805
With dedicated 20 amp pwr feed.

There is a definate distinction in the sound of the Silver but I would not say one is worse than the other, only different. Some people perfer the Silver, some copper.

I perfer the Silver Sonic BL-1 with the Canare copper. That gives the best resolution and musicality to me. My wife seems to complain less with that combination also. I moved the system to the bedroom to listen more... Upstairs I never got to listen.

I forgot to mention that Apex also has shielded single and paired Silver plated Teflon insulated wire that I use for signal transfer in my projects.

The signal wire actually works really well and I have had alot of people request that I replace their old components with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.