Capacitors - Audionote & Auricap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How many capacitors threads is enough right!?

I've been reading a lot of different sites that all say they've had good results with Auricaps for their cost.

I've also been looking around here in England and found that some of Audionotes copper foils aren't too expensive for use as coupling capacitors. Although, they're more expensive than the Auricaps.

I want to say, I'm not into spending money for psychoacoustics. I couldn't afford to use AN's silver capacitors, but their copper foils are just within my range.

I wanted to ask if anyone had ever tried Auricaps, or AN's copper foils, and if so, what they thought of them.

I have one pair of Auricaps and one pair of Jensen Copper foil PIO's. I believe that AN caps were earlier made by Jensen .
I also have some Alu foil PIO caps (Jensen).

I tried them on the Gain Clone. I prefer the Alu foil types. The Cu foil type sounds smoother in the midrange but I felt it sounds too rounded off. Not particularly good for rock I guess. Maybe great for classical music.
Auricaps came out last .
Can't say how they will be in tubed circuits.
Some local PP foil types also sounded very good .
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.