electrolytic can capacitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok,
Thanks for the replies on the coupling caps, by the way.
I am replacing all of the electrolytics in the PSU. One of these cap cans is NOT wrapped in the PVC jacket, and since the case is grounded, if it were to contact chassis this would give me a ground loop hum, yes?

The reason I ask is because the old units were FP twist lock, and as I could not find a suitable exact replacement, used a clamp for mounting the new unjacketed unit. I believe that the clamp is giving me ground loop hum now.

How should I implement a fiber washer to isolate the cap from the chassis? The FP fibreboard washers available are all too small in diameter.

Other materials, methods of mounting the can clamps, etc?
Thanks again guys

el capitan83 said:
riiiiiight,
ok, then, nylon hardware to mount the clamps-check.
now, to find a washer to isolate the case from the chassis-
the cap is 1 3/8" in diameter, the largest fibreboard washer is this exact size...will it work???
if not, i will have to source some type of teflon/plastic washer, and cut to fit.
Cut a cardboard(not corragated) ring to the size you need. It will work just fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.