Is this circuit correct?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am new at active equipment and I just used linkwitz information to design this circuit. It is a "bandpass" crossover for my subwoofer. It features a buffer (first op-amp) then high-pass filter (17Hz) and lowpass filter (150Hz) both with 24dB attenuation.

I was wondering if this diagram is correct. Also I would like to build the power supply, could anyone provide me with a diagram suitable to power 5x LM833 IC's (I believe thats +/- 15V) at Vcc,Vce.

edit: resistor & capacitor values were calculated using an excel spreadsheet and are correct.

Attachments

• bandpass.jpg
    bandpass.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 286
Thank you for your help, I found a kit which costs $13, and considering the voltage regulators are $4 each, it would be easier to buy the kit and build it since it comes with all the components and PCB ready done.

As for capacitive loading, thank you once again; I never thought about that.

Thank you for the circuit diagram, I already have a plate sub-woofer amplifier which does the mixing, gain and phase adjusting. However my design requires that I have a high-pass at 20Hz to limit excursion for the driver. Along with that, I also put the low-pass for better control as I feel some mid-bass frequencies are still getting through.

But thank you for the circuit diagram.

AndrewT said:
Hi,
What level of damping are you aiming for?
Bessel, Butterworth? You appear to be cascading 2 pole Butterworth for a 4 pole Linkwitz Reilly?
This will require non equal caps.
Regards Andrew T.

The capacitors/resistors are marked as C and R as the program I designed this circuit in is used primarily for PCB netlist export with which I am still playing around. I did not number them as I haven't gotten around to doing that.

On the buffer i use 1uF capacitor, and 21.5ohm resistor.
On the first high-pass C1 & C2 are 330nF where as the 2nd stage they are both 150nF. Resistors are all different values and there is an overall 1:1 "gain" in this circuit as I did not want to alter that aspect of the signal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.