Philbrick metal case op amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!

I have two old Philbrick Researches op-amps lying around that i'm curious about. One is a P65 and the other is a P45AU. Are these rare? I have no idea, but i have never seen anything like them before. From searching the net, i've gathered they were not meant for audio, but analog computing. I also read that these were among the first mass produced solid state op-amps.

I'm trying to decide wether to keep them or put them up on Ebay or something. If there is little demand, i'll probably stick them in a frame and hang them in the workshop, they are kind of stylish :D.

What do you think, could they be valuable or do they only have sentimental value?

/Andreas

More info on Philbrick Res. op-amps

Hi Andreas,

the noted analogue guru, Bob Pease, who writes for EDN magazine has written some comments on Philbrick Research op-amps.

See chapter 9 of Analog Circuit Design, edited by Jim Williams, Butterworth Heinemann, ISBN 0-7506-9166-2 (or -0 softcover) where Bob discribes the P2.

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.