audio triggering question - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd December 2004, 06:08 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default audio triggering question

Hi All,

I'm not sure this is the right place, but some of you might have an idea. I need to trigger the audio of a art exhibit when people either cross an electric eye or stand on a matt. The exhibit will be shown for a month, and the sound will drive the people working nearby nuts if it is left on the intire time. Any suggestions. We have a small budget, so ideas over 150$ are out of the question. Any ideas, suggestions, or links?
Old 2nd December 2004, 09:11 AM   #2
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Use the eye/mat to trigger a 555 timer in monostable mode to generate a pulse of say 10 secs duration. Use this pulse to switch a relay in your speaker line. The amp and source will be permenantly on.

I'm assuming you don't need to do anything fancy like start a new sound sample with each triggering as that will take a fair amount more complexity.
Old 6th December 2004, 09:18 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Olden time tape recorders had a mini EP socket next to the mike input designated as REMOTE. This was a switch in series of the motor. This can be used but I do not know how u will rewind the tape to restart.

Gajanan Phadte

Hide this!Advertise here!