how? --> making a flashing led

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2001
How about driving the LED with a sine wave to make it come on and off gradually.

The attached circuit should work.

Not too elaborate is it ??

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 175
remp said:
How about driving the LED with a sine wave to make it come on and off gradually.

The attached circuit should work.

Not too elaborate is it ??

I would gladly do that, but the only problem is i have no idea what parts to use and how to make a sine wave with hardware :(

I pickup electronics stuff pretty quickly, but i'm not in EE in any way :)

I know i would have to use an oscillator. you would have to show me what kind to get. along with the other parts :) hehe

SteveG said:
The 555 is about as simple as it gets, and they will directly drive an LED... 1 chip, a few small caps, a couple resistors, and there you go! Seriously, it's extrememly simply to build on a piece of perf. board. If you want any help, let me know.
Steve

i figured the 555 timer would pop back up in the picture :) hehe
I wouldn't mind using a 555 timer. but i'm just not sure how to hook it up. plus the resistors and caps, how do those hook up into the connection?

Sorry for the questions, I enjoy learning electronics :) hehe

I have been searching the net for visual diagrams which are simple, but no luck just yet. :(

remp said:
Multiplexor

Sorry about my post with the over the top diagram. I kind of thought you were an electronics person so you would see the funny side but no matter.

If you still wanting simple led flasher circuits give me an email.

it's funny too. I was looking at the diagram and was really question the "Graphic" box... and how it fit into the picture... haha

But yeah, if you do have an ultra simple circuit that you can share with me, I'm all ears and eyes.... :D

so to bring this back from the dead... lol :D

if anyone has a few minutes to explain a 55 time visually... and in newbie terms. I'm all ears :)

I actually have not went through with this project as of yet....

I really wanted to use a cap... but if i have to use a 555 timer so be it :)

i'm looking for a simple simple method. in basic english... :D hehehe

thanks again :D

Whats wrong with transistors? I made a 2 led flasher using trans without a circuit board.. actually, I made one that looked like an insect (sort of) and the leds were its eyes.. :) We made a led flasher in school in year 10... how boring (for me that is) so I modified it so it was a 2 led flasher.. :) I pulled it appart since then to use the high brightness red leds for something else.. :rolleyes:

SkinnyBoy said:
Whats wrong with transistors? I made a 2 led flasher using trans without a circuit board.. actually, I made one that looked like an insect (sort of) and the leds were its eyes.. :) We made a led flasher in school in year 10... how boring (for me that is) so I modified it so it was a 2 led flasher.. :) I pulled it appart since then to use the high brightness red leds for something else.. :rolleyes:

hehe don't mind me, i'm just looking for all the possible solutions.. :D

with the 2 transistors... bare with me here... lol... I would need what kind? 2 NPN or 2 PNP or one of each?

Would you be able to draw a diagram of what you had done?

multiplexor said:

hehe don't mind me, i'm just looking for all the possible solutions.. :D

with the 2 transistors... bare with me here... lol... I would need what kind? 2 NPN or 2 PNP or one of each?

Would you be able to draw a diagram of what you had done?

I dunno..... The diagram of what I have used is basically what was on that site listed up there somewhere :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.