Replacement for TA7136P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I did some scanning today.
Perhaps this can ring more bells.

/Hugo :)

Attachments

• ta7136sch.gif
    ta7136sch.gif
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,168
Hello,

i recently replaced the TA7136P in the phono section of a kenwood receiver. The difference is remarkable! wider sound stage and more detail.

I replaced two single op amps with 1 dual opamp. I had a OPA2604 on hand so I used that.

You could use:
NE 5532
OPA604 or OPA2604

Keep in mind that the TA7136P is in single in line package and the new parts come in DIP or even surface mount. So you will need to build a little pin-to-pin mapping or conversion.

TA7136P pins:
1. frequency comp
2. non-inverting input (+ input)
3. inverting input (- input)
4. V-
5. voltage comp
6. outout
7. V+

So for modern op amps you probably don't need to map pins 1 and 5.

Good luck
Paba

I've received so much help and advice from various newsgroups and forums and I've learned so much just by reading along other peoples threads... whenever I get the chance to give back I do.

Doesn't happen too often but I contribute what I can.
Let us know how your final conversion sounds.

cheers
paba

thanks Paba!

I have tried the TA7136AP it works great for build Boss DS1, but sometimes it dissapier from my local market so I have to be creative to find another replacement.. right now i'm using TL072/M5218/AN6551 with newer DS1 config (the TA7136P is in the old Boss Japan made that i liked so much) I have now on my hand the TA7136AP, yess i would like to know:
- supply volt. range
- power dissipation
- Max output volt.
- input resistance
- Load current
- Gv(voltage gain)
- slew rate
- THD noise
- input offset
- Gain Bandwidth
any other info I would be so very happy.. if u can upload the datasheet It would be like treasure for me!
and i would like to know is there any pin to pin replacement for this old TA?
This is Big Thanks Paba...Thank You so much!

cheers
opik

Re: thanks Paba!

Hi,

I have the TA7136AP datasheet and most of what your asking is on there. The problem is I have it in .tif format which is not supported here so I will zip each and attach instead because there is also a size limit.

I happy to help, don't forget to "give back" when you can.

cheers
paba

page 1:

Attachments

• ta7136ap-page1.zip
    62.5 KB · Views: 827
This is so cool Paba!

Hi Paba...
I don't know what to say, incredibly happy man sitting here! Thank you so much! You're so very kind.. I think you like so much this chip too as I am.. and 4me it's been so many months i'm looking for this datasheet..I'm downloading now..
so again thank you Paba, &yess if i could, in the future I will "giveback" to others too!
To Paba & Everyone, i found this cool web long ago:
www.gyraf.dk

kind regards,
opik

TA7136AP in pdf

this is datasheet from Paba, I convert into pdf, thanks Paba!
I can't reduce it under 100kb since it not worth 4 reading
here's in two part in zip extract both, and then to extract the rar file just select only one rar file and right click

Attachments

• ta7136ap-frompaba.part1.zip
    97.8 KB · Views: 550
I'm happy to have helped...
I remember some years ago I search so hard for a radio shack tuner service manual and then one day by magic someone on the internet sent me a scan....

The one I'm searching for now is the Philips CD650 CD player (same as Magnavox CDB650). I've seen it for sale at a few places but I'm still hoping to find it or trade for it somewhere.

Thanks
Paba

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.