Replacement for TA7136P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need help on the mechanics of the switch

I hate to be stupid but I just bought a TU-9900 and I want to upgrade the OPAMps. I have some 2604s and I need to know how to actually go about going from the 7 pin 7136 to the 8 pin 2604. Can someone run me thought it? I do have some inline sockets and 8 pin sockets, if that helps.

Thanks, Denny

Thank you!

Thanks! I'd also appreciate any suggestions you have on other upgrades to the TU 9900. I just got it and haven't started anything yet.

fmtunerinfo seems to recomend uping the size of capitors by 2x. I guess I can see that in the main power supply ones but why up the others? Wouldn't that throw off the design parameters? Or is bigger just better?

Appreciate the help, Denny

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I used two OPA604 and plugged them into a 16 pin DIL socket.
I just soldered wires to the corresponding pins and holes in the PCB and that’s it.

Google for ‘OPA2604 pdf’, the rest should be pretty straightforward.
You can get away with an 8 pin DIL as the 2604 is a dual opamp.
Attached is the schematic of the TU-9900 output. I didn’t use pin 1 and 5.
Furthermore, I replaced all power supply caps.

/Hugo

Attachments

• ta7136p.gif
    ta7136p.gif
    35.6 KB · Views: 941
With that Boss DS-1 how did things go with that substitution? A diagram for the unavoidable repinning would be nice. Less noise is always a good thing.

I've done the usual mods and love the 1n4002 diodes but also have a switch to toggle to some geraniums. It fits next to the battery compartment spring, hidden. Any other mods, aside from the cap upgrades, that you've done? I've an older Japanese version as well.

Guitarist, N. Vancouver

Starting to work on the tu9900 as it just arrived .....

Only the stereo light is not working as stereo as well only mono.
so someone knows where the stereo mono signalling is coming from....

Replacing the capacitors with twice the Uf is not necessary at all i feel.
The bigger the better is not my cup of tea but the quality of the caps is all. Not the uF's.The same with the v. The high voltage caps are least 'audiominded' so to say ..
The 50v... 63 vdc are the best. I avoid the 6,3v allways and use the 100v only when indicated. These v-ees sound poorly for audio.
Sansui only placed in the 6.3 v as moneysavers as the grey cw elna's as well . Not one grey elna the better the sound quality.I replace all. And get rewarded.

There are many high quality caps on the market but i use blackgates F at the most vital spots.. Really very nice ...Muse kg and kz and elna's but there are many more.

With that Boss DS-1 how did things go with that substitution? A diagram for the unavoidable repinning would be nice. Less noise is always a good thing.

I've done the usual mods and love the 1n4002 diodes but also have a switch to toggle to some geraniums. It fits next to the battery compartment spring, hidden. Any other mods, aside from the cap upgrades, that you've done? I've an older Japanese version as well.

Guitarist, N. Vancouver

Hi, very interesting thread. I love to find a way to substitute a dual opamp in my MIJ DS-1 that uses the TA7136. Did you ever figure out a way to map the pinout of a dual opamp to the layout on the pcb of the MIJ DS-1?

Thanx,

tvonmac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.