Alps "blue velvet" from mouser?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alps "blue velvet" from mouser?

Most people don't list mouser as a source for the blue alps pots, but doing a little searching (they are listed incorrectly and not in the catalog) I have found this:

RK27

Has anyone purchased these from mouser? They are listed for $10 USD - seems cheap. I think its a 100k - can't tell if its log or linear. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Seth

I bought a couple of these. Taper is best described as follows:
From
http://www.rane.com/par-p.html#MN_taper

MN taper (aka balance pot) Special taper developed for home stereo "Balance" controls. Consists of two sections (one for each channel) operating opposite each other. Exactly one-half of each section is a zero resistance surface (i.e., solid-copper or equivalent), the next 50% of travel is linear taper. Therefore for one channel rotating the slider through the first 50% of travel does not change the level at all, while the other channel is reduce from full to zero, and vice versa, with the middle position (usually featuring a center-detent) always passing full signal to each channel.

Not what I was expecting; Alps part numbers are confusing at best. Some future preamp project, maybe...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.