Simple Switch Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some help deciphering switch lingo.
I'm looking for a 3PDT ON-ON switch. In my search, I've come across a number of different things.

First there's the 3PDT ON-OFF-ON switches. These have a center(off) position which I DON'T want.

Then there is the 3PDT ON-NONE-ON switches. This is where I get confused. What is this? Is it the same thing as an ON-OFF-ON, or is it the same as ON-ON. I'm not clear on whether they're saying the center position is OFF(open), or whether this means there is no center position at all(exactly what I DO want). The documentation on the switches I've been looking at doesn't seem to make this any clearer.

I already screwed up once when I thought I could get by with DPDT switches, until, after the fact, I checked my wiring diagram and realized I needed 3 poles, not 2. DOH! Now I have to find another project for the dpdt rockers. Not that that will be tuff, but it irks me nonetheless.

I'm hoping someone can point my dumb *** in the right direction. Many thanks!

Also, if anyone has seen a good source for cheap 3PDT ON-ON switches, let me know, these suckers aren't cheap!

Have you tried looking for a rotary switch? I used a three pole six position one of these for pickup selection on a guitar, worked quite well. There's a three pole four position switch here, it would work but you'd have two redundant positions, or you could probably find a three-pole two position switch with a bit of searching.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.