nightmare transistor problem!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

Nice forum, Ive had a good read, and found some interesting discussions.

Anyway, Ive got a power amp, with 2 tranys gone short on the output stage. They are a 2SC3856, and a 2SA1492. I am having trouble finding a supplier here in the UK, so I was wondering if you could recommend an equiv.

Ive searched the forum, and come up with a 2SC3281 and a 2SA1302 which may do the job. Can someone just confirm that it will be a straight swap, as they are quite expensive here and I dont want to buy them if they are no good.

If Im wrong, can you recommend anything else I could use.

Thanks chaps,

Martyn....
:bawling::bawling: :bawling:

fatboy said:
Hi Guys,

Nice forum, Ive had a good read, and found some interesting discussions.

Anyway, Ive got a power amp, with 2 tranys gone short on the output stage. They are a 2SC3856, and a 2SA1492. I am having trouble finding a supplier here in the UK, so I was wondering if you could recommend an equiv.

Ive searched the forum, and come up with a 2SC3281 and a 2SA1302 which may do the job. Can someone just confirm that it will be a straight swap, as they are quite expensive here and I dont want to buy them if they are no good.
If Im wrong, can you recommend anything else I could use.
Thanks chaps,
Martyn....
:bawling::bawling: :bawling:
Hi Martyn, I second the suggestion for the Onsemi parts but you have also to replace the drivers, check all diodes, emitter resistors and the well being of the protection circuit.
:att'n:

Thanks folks,

The only ones I can find here are the 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 suggested by Richie. I can only buy 10 at a time of each from Profusion, which would be a bit silly as I only need 1!

Im trying a few suppliers, who are getting in touch with a price

Thanks again for your help though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.