Source wanted for High Quality On-off Switches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Switches

Since I was recomended I might make a few comments.

I stock the standard size and mini toggle switches if
your looking for that, you can email me on what your
interested in. But I have a lighted Switchcraft PL Series
both on-off and momentary switch listed on my website.
www.apexjr.com under the movie prop and supply
section. Top row 3rd picture from the left. There's
also a colored on-off rocker switch on the bottom
row 5th from the left.

Steve @ Apex Jr.
steve.apexjr@prodigy.net

How cool do you want to be? Are you comfortable with using a relay?

If you answer "very" and "yes", check out

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...d=784&osCsid=313bfa85130c573bd4a436bfbd0ea138

You will have to tap a low current and voltage line off the mains input (via a small transformer is safest) and use that to control a relay to switch power to the power transformer.

Basic problem is good looking switches tend to have inadequate current ratings while those with appropriately high current ratings tend to be ugly.

Steve

I had a look at your site but a quick glance suggested that you have regular looking switches. I am looking for high-end switch that would look good in a expensive machined faceplate. Please let mye know if you can assist in this regard ?

Pricewise your products look very good and I am toying with the idea of importing some of your 8" subs.

Jozua

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Switches

Jozua...
I do not have a killer switch that will stand out like the above mentioned by Sam9 with his link. I even like those switches
and would be great for Movie Props for the movies.......
Lots of $$$$. Need to find some surplus.....
I have sold quite a few of the C-V 220V amps and have
sent them to Cape Town so if your interested in the 8"
let me know and I'll get you a cost for shipping them.
They are packed 2 to a box and weigh 25 lbs................
Steve @ Apex Jr.

Have a look at "vandalism proof switches", they look similar to what Pass Labs are using. Some of them even come with illuminated symbols.

However, they are most likely not rated for the current you need, but you could salvage a high power switch from an old computer or television set and only use the frontplate part of the vandalism proof switch.

Edit: Here is my take on a DIY power switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.