Electret Microphone Capsules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All :p

I've been reading and trying out a few circuits using electret microphone capsules. Anyways, I want to record music using them, because making a whole bunch of mics would be very cheap. Anyways, it turns out that they can't seem to handle the SPLs that are required for recording. For instants, the output clips when I clip the mic onto the accustic opening of my guitar, and play relatively loud. I would also like to clip them onto drums. Are there electret capsules availible that can handle the high SPL requirements, and how can I tell from the spec sheet if they don't specify the max SPL?

Any help would be great,
Pete

I know! Read the article in question on my website (by-rutgrrs.nl).
BTW. what is an LDC?
Herbert.

LDC is mean : Large Diaphragm Condenser = LDC

LDC capsuels always have two types. One type is singal gold-plated diaphragm -----Uni-directional

The other is double Gold-plated diaphragm----Omni- Uni- Bi directional type

You can check the LXMIC they have the capsules, LX34-1 and LX34-2

Hi All :p

Anyways, it turns out that they can't seem to handle the SPLs that are required for recording. For instants, the output clips when I clip the mic onto the accustic opening of my guitar, and play relatively loud. I would also like to clip them onto drums. Any help would be great,
Pete

Pete,
if you build your own electret microphone, you could connect a capacitor in parallel with the cartridge in the order of, say, 100 pF to avoid clipping.
Herbert.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.