9 volt DC to 48V DC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
5 batteries is an option, but since the microphone only needs 2 ma of current at 48V I thought that if the circut is not very complex, it could end up being more compact that a set of 5 batteries.
Weight is another problem. This microphone feeds a camcorder in a Steady cam mount, so weight is of outmost concern.

cheers

Ric

PD: tks for the links, folks.

Re: One approach

thespeakerguy said:
use a MAX1771. It's not the latest/greatest, but will work, has a free sample, and come in an 8-pin DIP package.

Tks for the data. I never used such that chip. I downloaded the PDF and it suggests this:

"The MAX1771 drives an external N-channel MOSFET switch, allowing it to power loads up to 24W. If less power is required, use the MAX756/MAX757 or MAX761/MAX762 step-up switching regulators with on-board MOSFETs"

Which I thing is better because is more compact and I need a few MA anyway. But I can not find any reference that points at using these chips in a 48V output configuration. Any ideas?

tks, Ric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.