Does anyone saw this equipment before?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is so call a cable enhancement machine that a friend gave it to me 13 years ago. As being told, it can enhance the cable in a short time without turning on your expensive equipment. I stored it until recently I remember it and try to use it for my new speaker cables.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

One can see it is quite clear that the cable direction was being printed on the top of the equipment. However, when I use an oscilloscope to see what kind of waves it generates, I am confused.

My understanding from the printing on top of the enhancer says the source of cable is to be connected on point A while speaker end is on point B. However, I can only read random frequency square wave on point B but no signal on point A.

Can anyone tell me why the signal is on point B?
Or is it a misprint on the instruction?

BTW, does anyone used this equipment before? Any comment?

Thanks

Sunny
Hong Kong

it probly just some kind of no gain buffer, posibly a very low level gain. open it up and see whats inside?

posably adjusts for inductance in long cable runs, or the resisance of different speakers.
dont know with out looking inside!! but it could work!! see you soon, steve.. ..

Thank you for the responses. I have opened the box and found that the IC marks were all rubbed away. Anyway, as denoted from the oscilloscope, this is a 5V square wave generator. I can find a similar one from this Internet link selling at $250 (in 1999).

WCES 1999

Sometimes you just wake up knowing it is going to be a good day. Maybe it is the way the dry Las Vegas air smells, or the way it warms up during the day in January. In any case i woke up, took a shower, and went hunting for leads to solve this baffling case. This guy in the alley stopped me and began telling me about the new G&D Transforms cable burn-in device. Hmm, now i've been down this road before with the Duo-Tech Cable Enhancer, but this guy Alan showed me why it was different... and it was. Their new Maximum Overdrive Break In Engine (MOBIE) can be used with RCA and XLR line level and speaker cables as well. They claim that five days on the MOBIE burns-in cables previously thought to already be burnt-in! It is claimed to work especially well on phono and digital cables as they usually are subjected to small signal levels during normal use and therefore need a device like the MOBIE for full burn-in effect. Priced at $250 this might be great for reviewers, high-performance audio stores, and cable junkies alike.

UNQUOTE

As remembered, my friend brought this in Hong Kong at US$75 in 1991. I think this is not an expensive tag but $250 would be a bit high.

By the way, I am still looking for helping hands to give me a clue on the remaining question of this equipment: -

Thanks

Sunny

Mmmm, Sunny,
Perhaps what everyone is trying to say very tactfully to you is that the thing is bogus. Very little possibility of B having any redeeming qualities at all. You may wish to prove us wrong by using the device and see what results are found in the enhancement of your cable.

Prosit

Sunny asked:

By the way, I am still looking for helping hands to give me a clue on the remaining question of this equipment: -

The arrows are only there so that saps, umm..., I mean audiophiles will not have to ask which way to plug their cables in. They will assume the direction has purpose.

See, devices like this only work properly if you believe in them...
You must trust the magic inside...
The Enchanted Enhancer...
Do not question its amazing abilities...
Good karma, you know?

You endangered that warm fuzzy feeling by questioning the scripts at all.

After being probed with an oscilloscope, it must feel like it was abducted by aliens. The psyche of the electronic mystic has been permanently scarred, and may never enhance again.

Certainly not before you resolve to never again question how or why it works, and only trust that it does good things.

Tim (the Enchanter, see my avatar?)

sunsun22:

That is really a wonderful device! I guess the quoting you made shows it perfectely:

You can "burn in the cables" with a low-voltage (rectengular?) waveform.

I don't want to start a discussion here if this is useful for the audiophile or not to burn cables in.

But I personally would place this box in the same category as "earth-magentic field compensated mains line filter box" or "atomic power plant mains rejection filter" for the "black market to ripp off the believing audiophile".

As the other posters already mentioned: It's a ripp-off.

But thank you for showing us what interesting ways are on the market to get teh hands on our hard-earned $$$ or Euros.

2 tsmith1315:
Absoletely agree with you, so no more oscilloscopes in my appartment from now on ;-))

But the psyche will return into this magic box, trust me: It's a matter of the pure fresh undisturbed energy.
Like the one a fresh 9V battery contains. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.