Tx Setup for Reg PS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm planning to build an active crossover to try some bi-amping. I need a +-15v regulated power supply. I ran into a couple of Triad F-92A transformers and I was able to locate a tech data page on the web, but it appears I'm far too dumb to figure this out (or at least my DVM seemed to think so when I tried to test the trannies). A GIF file is attached showing potential wiring. There appears to be 6 different ways to wire the primaries and secondaries to arrive at the desired output. There are five primary wires (1) black with a white stripe, (2) black with a green stripe, (3) black with a yellow stripe, (4) black and (5) red. I thought that this diagram was trying to tell me to connect a 115v AC leg to the primary wire that is black with a green stripe and another 115v AC leg to a wire that should be black with a red stripe. Note that I don't have a primary wire that is black with a red stripe, I do have a red wire that is not listed in the diagram, so I assume the color schema may have changed at some point and I should use the red wire. I then thought that it was telling me to connect the seconday yellow wire to the seconday red wire for one leg of my output and that the other leg would be the blue wire. When I do these things, I do not wind up with 16v as I hoped I would. I'll bet I'm way off base in reading these instructions and somebody out there knows what I should do to get 16 volts, right?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Don't connect any of the secondary wires together - doing so will short out the transformer. What the diagram is telling you is that BETWEEN the yellow and red wires you will get 16V, and the blue wire is the centre of these (ie 8V between blue and either the red or yellow).

If you need a +-15V regulated supply, you will need around 15V ac either side of centre tap, ie around 30V in total, which this transformer will not deliver, uless you use two transformers together.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.