[INDIA]Amplifier chasis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not again!

Is it really necessary to put up this kind of a post, starting with [INDIA] ?

This is not a country wise bulletin board . It looks out of place and we are probably the only guys using such a method to post.

Just say : Amplifier chassis in India or Readymade chassis in India . That gives the message and sticks to the norm with all the other messages on the Forum.

??

Are there any rule set defined for posting messages?If so can the moderator please put them in the main page so that people can read them before posting the messages. I was going through other messages in the forum and saw that India tag was defined in lot of places for region specific questions.So I assumed that it should be defined that way.

Anyways I presume its not that big a offence.But if people
are bothered then there should be some predefined norms for posting.

Ashok,
You have not answered my mian question :)

Hi RS,
Sure this is no offence . Others have also voiced their opinion about using country tags in the post . I though I'd just remind others that it might be nice to conform to the usual format.
There are no fixed rules , only guidelines I guess .
Let's just merge with the rest . No need to stand out individually as all members must be looking at all new posts . You might even get replies from people who have such information but do not live in India.

Coming to your main question. I would think that you could get chassis made from any small sheet metal fabrication shop. Go to Peenya or other industrial area and look for sheetmetal shops. I have done this several times in the past though not in Bangalore. However Bangalore has millions (!) of small sheet metal fabricators. The other option is to go to SJP road and ask the shops that sell electronic components.
I'm sure you will find some.
Cheers.

I just use the standard chassis types that are available - my present project uses a standard anodized/galvanized steel type, with black powder-coated cover available from Pooja Electronics, off S.P. Road in Bangalore. It's well made, and has cut-outs for the rear speaker terminals, RCA input blocks, etc.

The problem is usually with the front panel, usually black powder-coated. You can always replace it with your own design, say in brushed stainless steel or aluminium. You just have to carefully measure the locations for the pots, push-button switches, and the 4 mounting holes for the screws that hold the front-panel in place. Mark the holes carefully and drill it - in my experience, this is where I usually come a cropper. There's no way to avoid denting it or marring the finish unless you have a professional jig-boring setup.

Hi ,

Yes Pooja Electronics (in one of the bylanes in SP Road) sells Amp cabinets and they look promising. As mentioned by linuxguru, it is only the front panels that may not suit you. I don't like the appearance of screws in the front. I tried making my own front panel from Aluminum sheet and drilling is a real challenge. I ended up with a few dents.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.