Cirrus Evaluation Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can someone recommend a place to get Cirrus evaluation boards? I tried ordering one (CDB4271-2) from Newark and they said Cirrus requires a two-unit minimum.

Of course, I don't need two (especially not at $360 ea.!), and actually after I do my evaluation, I won't really even need the ONE. But that board would sure come in handy in the meantime, while I familiarize myself with the chip.

No, Cirrus doesn' t sell over the web :-(

David Reaves
TransLanTech Sound, LLC
Creators of the Award-Winning "Ariane Stereo Audio Leveler"

Cirrus Boards

If you talk real nice to a Cirrus rep and they think a bigger order may come from it, I have been able to borrow eval boards. I have one for the CS5381 sitting right next to me.

Our volume will only be in the hundreds per year .

I think they did this because AKM lent me eval boards in the past and I used AKM parts in the product I was doing then. If nothing else, I think they are hoping to take me off the market for competitors products.

Whereas TI would not lend me boards so I don't use their converters. Paying for one eval board eats up any cost saving that may have been obtained using TI parts.

After all, you only need the eval board for a few weeks until you have built your first prototype. after that, they sit, unused. So contact the rep, not the distributor but the actual rep for Cirrus and see if you can press them to lend you a board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.