Dual 15V Regulated Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to have the forum take a look at this to make sure I didn't goof anything up. It's a basic, regulated power supply for some things I'll be working on. Thanks in advance!

All Diodes = 1N4004
C2 - C5 = 1000uF 35V
C6 - C13 = 20uF 35V Tantalum
R1,R2,R5,R6 = 240
R3,R4,R7,R8 = 2.7k

Attachments

• power_supply.zip
    15 KB · Views: 194
Well, I've made some pretty substantial changes to my layout, as well as switched to Eagle (wow, what a difference). Just wanted to have people take a peak and see if they notice anything glaringly wrong with my schematic/board layout.

Attachments

• ps.zip
    94.5 KB · Views: 93
ble0t said:
Just wanted to have the forum take a look at this to make sure I didn't goof anything up. It's a basic, regulated power supply for some things I'll be working on. Thanks in advance!

All Diodes = 1N4004
C2 - C5 = 1000uF 35V
C6 - C13 = 20uF 35V Tantalum
R1,R2,R5,R6 = 240
R3,R4,R7,R8 = 2.7k

why make when you can buy a dual 15V Lambda supply for under $20 bucks on EBay. Search under Business/Test Equipment/Power Supplies

High frequency bipass capacitors?

You can get "motorboating" (pulsing output). It's probably a good idea to put smaller capacitors right at the regulators and in parallel with the large tant's. These should be good ceramics -- I like .022 or .047 although the common value is .1.

The National LM117 datasheet has a good discussion of why they are needed and where to put them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.