Molybdenum interconnects

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another cable thread! Isn't that great! Hopefully someone will promptly warn us against snake oil merchants before one of us naive diyers parts with the hard earned cash :)

There seem to be a few manufacturers for molybdenum cables such as Black Rhodium. I wonder what the paramagnetic properties will do for the sound. It also seems difficult to achieve high purity due to the very high melting point.

I am a bit suspicious of exotic materials in cabling. Such cables are more likely to exhibit a strong 'personality' which may or may not be appealing.

I have only previously made comparisons between 'freebie' interconnects and cheap interconnects (£30) and there was a vast difference. I'm not saying spending hundreds of pounds on interconnects will make cheap hifi sound like expensive hifi. Even my nan with a whistling hearing aid could tell the difference!

Anyway, I was really asking whether anybody had experience of interconnects being made from Molybdenum. I assume you haven't but thanks for your useful, insightful comments.

Subzero on ebay (uk user). Seems to have quite a few satisfied customers.

Like you say, thay are probably worth trying just for the bullets. I'll let you know if they improve the hi-fi beyond belief :D

After a bit of searching on Google I've found that Black Rhodium use Rhodium plated Molybdenum in some very, very expensive interconnects. Who knows!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.