resonant amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this isnt about amplifiers preamps...or anything...
i need to be able to trigger certain....umm....lets call them events....from my computer...now i dont know annything about programming...or decoding midi messeges...so i was wondering whether it would work if i was using a sign generator...out the sound card..then through several tuned amplifiers to provide triggers to...um...events...
ok lemme put it this way....i play an E on my sign generator....and an F as well....ok so out the soundcard my e and f go....then the signal gets split up and sent to ...
1 a transistor amplifier tuned to amplifiy only the E sine wave....so i get an amplified E sinewave...then this gets sent through some wave bridge rectifiers...some capacitors...and voila u get a steady dc current
2 a transistor amplifier tuned to amplifiy only the Fsine wave....so i get an amplified F sinewave...bla bla bla...
do u see what im getting at...so i can play a sine wave and get this to give a steady dc voltage..that could be used as a trigger voltage for something else...
dyou guys think this aproach would work...also how good...mm..precise are tuned curcuits...will they be able to separate sine waves that are only a few HZ different......
or they extremely difficult to tune precisley and i should just forget about it??.......

u gotta be joking...who the heck uses such an ic....welll god bless integrated curcuits....
hey where dyou learn about how to program paralell ports....also the problem will be to make a program...in VSTi to run with my host application...to be able to sequence the ....events...
it would be cool...u could make a cheap drum machine without having to get an expensive midi decoder....or maybe even sequence the flashing of the clubs lights at your next big gig....ahhhhh i love TEKMOLOGY......respect!

but seriously though where dyou learn about this parallel port thing...also how dyou learn to write eprom programs to decode your messeges ...im assuming one would have to do that right??
what language are eproms written in....shiiit it better not be some low level machine code...stuff...holy crap...then ill stick to my primitive tuned curcuitry anyday....

no but on second thoughts it wouldnt really work cause the decoded signal triggers a ground connection to be formed at the output...this reall doent help......unless some ones got an idea.......maybe your meant to use it like i have shown in the schematic below....anyone please ...share ur 2cnts...

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 41
Geez... for one you don't need machine code because you have QBASIC.. :D High level easy to program language. Get over it, buy the book QB for Dummies and plug away. ;)

No need for decoding because the parallel port has 8 independant outputs; depending on the signal the port is told to output, any one of them can be high or low at any given time. You need decoding if you want more control; you can get up to 256 controls, depending on how you have it set up. Any more and you need two bytes of information (each ON/OFF line is a BIT, 8 of which make a BYTE) and sequential crap, that gets complicated and digital ICs and :eek: stuff...

Google it, it's all over...

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.