source for Cree Schottky diodes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been trying to buy a few of these (in the US) but the source I used last (www.tubebuilder.com) seems to be non-functional.

Does anyone know where else I can order about two dozen 600V 1amp Schottky diodes? The quantity I need is well below what the manufacturer will sell, and none of the big online parts houses have anything over 100V

if not Cree - these parts would also work

Infineon P-TO220-2-2
ITC P-TO220-2-2 (IPD 45E60 labeled)

Thanks for any pointers

Peter

Joined 2002
Paid Member
[
pburke said:
That's the stuff I need, although 4am is a little steep for a CD player mod. the 1amp Crees were about $1.50 each, but they'll work fine.

Peter,
Why do you want SiC schottky diodes for a CD player mod? The motivation for using SiC is high voltage operation. If you don't need that then you can use conventional schottky diodes at a much more reasonable price.
Something like the IR 11DQ10 100v / 1.1a for $0.30 each.
Unless you're doing a tube output stage, in which case it might still make sense.
---Gary

GaryB said:
[

Peter,
Why do you want SiC schottky diodes for a CD player mod? The motivation for using SiC is high voltage operation. If you don't need that then you can use conventional schottky diodes at a much more reasonable price.
Something like the IR 11DQ10 100v / 1.1a for $0.30 each.
Unless you're doing a tube output stage, in which case it might still make sense.
---Gary

yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I last used the Cree 600V schottky's in a tube preamp, but there the voltage was 170V after the transformer. I guess here we have much lower voltages, so, yeah, the 100V should do it. I did read somewhere that you should do 2 times the circut voltage at least with these diodes, so I was trying to be on the safe side (since the Caps there are rated 50V, not the usual 25 or 16V). I'll have to measure the transformer leads, just to make sure, but 100 V should cover me. I don't have any schematics for this player (would cost me more than the player or all the mod parts), so I am flying half blind here. However, $3.90 or $0.30 is enough of a difference per diode to make me go and measure the thing ;-)

thanks for the replies - let's see if the thing does anything without a usable PCB connected (all the caps have already been removed :))

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.