Spare transport gear for Marantz CD72

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings from downunder

I have a Marantz CD72 CD player which from reading all the forums seems to be very popular.

Last week the pully/gear that drives the CD tray in and out lost some teeth. I cannot find in the forums where I can get a replacement gear in Australia (or anywhere else). I have also spent several hours searching Google and contacted the local importer/distributers (Qualifi).

Can anyone advise where I can get a spare gear preferably in Australia?
Thanks
Regards
Qarm

Greetings

You mean this one?

It was taken from a cheap Philips 162/164. I bourght the Philips because I needed a CDM-4 replacement for my CD72mkII. The rest of the tray mechanism looks similar, only thinner and more cheaply made. The wheel and motor, however, looks the same.

My guess is, you can get any cheap Philips machine and use it for spares. This way, you also have a CDM-4 replacement just in case...;)

Attachments

• hjul-001.jpg
    hjul-001.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 523
Looks just right except mine is orange, but who cares about the colour as long as the tray goes in and out!

A brilliant idea about the Philips player. I will go out a search for one straight away.

The website in Malaysia that was advertising spares wanted about $28 Australian dollars for a wheel. If it is of interset to anyone it is

www.octave-electronics.com

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Cannot get the right part locally

Someweeks ago I started this post re Marantz CD72 transport gear. Someone kindly responded (must have been by email but perhaps I have deleted it) or I found it in another forum that I cannot now trace, the following:

"That part looks similar (splines all the way to the disc) to the one in my CD624 (CDM4/19). The part no. in the 624 service manual is: 4822 466 61587.

If you contact Philips, they should be able to describe the shape of the part to you before you order it.

you might as well get a new belt at the same time. The part no. is: 4822 358 10115."

When I sent the part numbers to Philips Australia they responded:

"The p/n quoted for the pulley / gear is incorrect. This is for a grommet of some form. The belt is available and cost is $7.72 but before ordering anything get a service manual to correctly identify parts. Service manual can be obtained from High Country Service Data on Ph 02 6452 5322. Philips sold Marantz a long time ago to Qualifi (Ph 03 9543 2889) who should be able to help you. There is an overlap between Philips and Marantz CD players around the time of CD72 so we may be able to help if Qualifi cannot."

As it happens Qualifi (Australia) cannot help as they do not have the parts anymore. Could whoever sent me the part number possibly check their manual again for the part number? That would be most kind as I would really like to get this player resurrected.

Sorry for dredging up an old thread...

I have the opportunity to get a Marantz CD72 that has this seemingly common tray problem, and I also have two Philips CD850s (one in mint condition, and one workhorse)... Would it be worth taking the broken parts (assuming it is the gearing) from the CD850 to put into the CD72, or is the CD850 a better player?

(as a footnote, the CD72 has a trichord mod...)

Marantz CD 72 trasnport gear

I'm close to get a solution to the transport gear; I'm working out a mechanical drawing of it to rebuilt it ; I'm in contact with a guy which could go the mechanical job .... I'll let you know the result, if any.

Bye for now!

Message for garm

Hi garrm,

thanks a lot for the Marantz CD72 schematics I downloaded from your web site.

They are very usefull.

I'm in the process to make some additional mods to the CD72 so I would be interested in the full manual including pcb schematics.. do you have any mean the send those too or to make them available on your web site ?

Tks in advance for your support,

Have a nice evening.

Hi

The transport gear wheel on my CD624 recently broke. I was very grateful to find the necessary replacement part number on this thread. I have ordered the part and wondered if anyone has some tips for how to replace this wheel in a CD624?

I have got as far as taking off the lid of the unit but no further!

Thanks

David

Cd72

Sorry to go back to previous threads again, I also have a Marantz CD72 - sticker on back is 74CD72/02B

I'm also needing to replace broken drawer transport wheel but cant find Australian stockist except in Netherlands (buying euros not cheap with AU$)

Pity wheel is broken, machine plays any disc otherwise, scratched or not - sounds great too...

Pop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.