Help Schmatic into pcb HELPPPPPPPPPPPP .... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st July 2004, 10:05 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help Schmatic into pcb HELPPPPPPPPPPPP ....

hi everyone ...
Any body here can help me convert this schematic http://sound.westhost.com/project68.htm into a pcb layout ? ... i cant do that my self ....
a pcb is avilable from Rod himself ( the person that design this amp ) but he said he won't help me free to convert this into a pcb layout ...
plz help ,,,
Old 31st July 2004, 05:48 PM   #2
herm is offline herm  United States
diyAudio Member

I'll help.

Step one: Get an envelope
Step two: Send $27US + shipping to Rod.
Step three: It comes in the mail

Easy!!!
Old 1st August 2004, 09:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default yeah ...

hey man common i live in iran and we don have any international credit card unfortunately ... i cant send any money on the net ... i need help ...
Old 1st August 2004, 09:45 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

just download some pcb layout software (tons of threads on this topic) and diy... coper clad board, FeCl2, and a brush and you'll be set.
Old 1st August 2004, 09:46 PM   #5
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

You don't need a credit card to put bills in an envelope and send them, do you?

/U.
Old 1st August 2004, 09:57 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default help again ...

hey man thnx a lot ... but i don have much time to send an envlope to rod & wait for his replay !... but can u bring me forward some program to make schematic into a pcb lay out ? .. cuz i cant convert the schematic , i want a program to convert schematic into pcb itself ... can u help ?
Old 3rd August 2004, 05:56 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Just get on the net and look

There are several free ware programs on the net to do printed circuit layouts. Just go to goole.com and look instead of asking people to send you a several MB software package that may or may not even be compatible with your computer.

However, by the time you design a board, make the board, built it, find the mistakes, make another board and build that one, you're in for a lot more grief and heartache that just sending some cash to the guy who has good working boards. And if you are is such a hurry, you can't wait three weeks for a letter to get to the guy and boards to arrive back, you certainly don't have enough time to learn a new program and get one off boards made anyway. $27.00 is a fair price for the boards for this. You will not save money doing it yourself. Instead, if you are in such a hurry you are likely to waste the parts you use to build the amp.

Designing boards is a waste of effort building something someone else has built already. Designing new boards is only for when you are designing a new product that never existed before.

So, stop whining for someone to send you a program. We don't know what comouter you have. We don't know what sort of board making service you have access to. You have to take responsibility for searching the net and finding a package that will work with your computer and is compatible with your board making service. and if your government restricts your ability to do searches, that is something no one outside can help.
Old 7th August 2004, 11:34 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Again help

hi & thnx alot Dan Fraser
i know u r right u said i shouldnt wast my time for convertin a schematic to a pcb version that already existed ..
i know that the pcb is just 27$ but man i really cant send this money to Rod , cuz we don have any international credit card in our country , & sendin money by envelope is almost impossible , i should spend more money than that money .. i don know how to explain .. but payin on net is impossible & sendin money is soooo hard & expensive & almost impossible for me ...
in fact Unfortunately 27 $ is too much expensive for me , i workin 8 hrs in a day and earnin only 150 $ in a MONTH and i should livin whole a month with this 150 $ so i really cant spend 27 $ for just a pcb ,i wrote a mail for Rod himself & explained but he didn t help me , so i decided to make it my self & design a pcb from the schematic , but now i really trapped , i bought all the parts , i spent a lot for similar transistors & etc , & i 'm afraid if i waste all of them ,
so i m very grateful if anyone can help me to convert this schematic into pcb .. i don know too much bout electronic just some basics , & i don know some of the symbols in schematic , so now i 'm askin for help , helpin me convert this schematic , i 'm playin bass for bout 3 years but still don have an amp , i connect my bass into my computer 's sound card after 3 years ... & i should build that amp now .,...help
thnx a lot again and sorry for my english ,... ...
Old 8th August 2004, 12:05 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi,

If your budget is limmited, go for point-to-point wiring or better maybe, use a vero-board... much cheaper! If you work neatly and have a bit of patience veroboard will give you good results and is cheap...

goodluck,
Thijs
Old 10th August 2004, 06:24 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default PCB Help

This person corresponded with me directly. It turns out he has the materials and skills to make a PC board. Drawing it on the copper clad is OK with him. His real question is "How do you take the schamatic and come up with the actual layout? Is there a program to do this?

Here is my reply to him:
-------------------------------------------------------------

I see your problem is to convert the schematic to the layout. You can make a board if you have a layout.

Hold on to your self. I will reveal a big secret to you.

THERE IS NO SOFTWARE TO DIRECTLY CONVERT A SCHEMATIC TO A PC BOARD.

Even the finest software on the market will make a mess out of component placement and after routing a board, there are hours of cleanup work to do because the routers route the board in a stupid manner.

In the old days, what we would do is to make a paper cut out of every part in the schematic. We called these "puppets". We would usually work with puppets that were 4X actual size to make handling easier. However, you could work in any scale you wish. We would start by laying these down on a large sheet of grid paper. Some parts had to go into certain places and we would paste these down where they had to go. The other parts we would set down as close to the same arrangement of the schematic as possible. We would then look to see if the arrangement could be made more logical. If not, we would take a pencil and start drawing connections between the terminals on the puppets. High current traces would be drawn heavier than low current ones. If was common to have to move some of the puppets during the drawing process. Also make some puppets for jumpers as you may have to add some.

As you can see all you need to do this is paper, a pair of scissors and a pencil. Cheap no matter where you live.

Finally, you would have a layout. Now all you have to do is to draw this in the actual size on your PCB.

I have forgotten that this layout technique, which was the only technique available until the mid 80s, even in America, has become a lost art.

Now, we push around puppets on the screen of our computers but it often takes longer than when we did it on paper.

Hide this!Advertise here!