audiolab 8000 s integrated amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
guys, i've just picked up an audiolab 8000s integrated amp for buttons, it all sounds fine, but when i opened her up i found that 6 of the resistors inside her seem to be burnt or part burnt out, they have shed their outer coloured bandings and there was visible signs of burning on the top of the inside of the case.

as far as i can tell she sounds fine, all channels and all features work, looks like she might have been repaired as one or two parts inside look to have been redone.

does anyone know of a source for the circuit diagram for this item, audiolab were owned by tag mclaren but have since been bought by IAG in the UK and currently they have no service offering on the website and are not conatctable directly.

any suggestions greatfully received.

I have an original Audiolab 8000s Amplifier that is quite a few years old now but in perfect working order. I have been reading this forum for a while now and am now aware that component values change over time and therefore go out of spec. I have read about having the bias set on the amps periodically. Is this something I could check with a multimeter on the main board and adjust them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.