Repairing Scraped Winding on Toroid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I bought a used toroidal power transformer and received it today. It was in good shape but for one thing.

When the guy packed it, he put the mounting plate on the top without the rubber pad. The edge of the plate up scraping a bit of the insulating tape and, perhaps, a bit of insulation off of one of the windings.

The damage is small, maybe 1/2cm on top of the winding. The wire is secure so probably won't slide around and none of the other windings are exposed.

My question is, how does one repair this? Is there some sort of self-adhesive clear tape (like the tough tape that protects the toriod) that I could stick on, or should I use something like a bit of epoxy?

I could use regular black electrical tape, but the adhesive on that doesn't seem to durable and there must be a more elegant solution.

TIA,
KT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.