Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2004, 12:52 PM   #1
MP is offline MP  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Smile Replace KSS-240A on a Sony CD player

Hello,

I have a Sony HCD-H1600 unit with a CD player that is no more able to detect CDs. I figured out that the CD laser is almost dead as far as this Sony unit is 12 years old, and I plan to fix it. After opening the unit, I checked the reference of the optical unit (KSS-240A) and saw that this optical unit was sold for less than $30.

Question : is it easy to replace the KSS-240A part by a new one or do I need to go to an expert store ?

Thanks,
MP
Old 15th July 2004, 01:17 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default kss240

It is very easy to replace . NO adjustments are needed.
You need to be just a little mechanically inclined , I dont recall the logistics on that model , just be carefull with the flex cable that connects to the pick up . you may also want to replace the spindle motor

Jeff

Hide this!Advertise here!