Think these are useful -- huge xformer?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes . .. I think . . .

There is no reason I can think of a 208V primary cannot run off 115-125V mains. That would get you + & - 60-65Vac out of the secondary. Even if there is no center tap on the secondary there are ways to create a 0V point when the rest of the PS is built. the resulting DC rails would be approximately 85V. This in turn would be about right for a 400-450W amp. The VA rating od 1.9VA would be ample for two channels even with ohm loads although a contiuoues max power sine into 4-ohms might be pushing it.

Anyway, it is good for something if one if up to the challenge. I'm not but others here are.

SmarmyDog said:
Not to fret. I think he's got a bunch of 'em. I noticed he has listed these frequently in the past. If I snagged the last of them I can set you up with a few of each for what I paid ($10 each) plus UPS ground shipping. We DIYers gotta stick together. :)

-Casey Walsh

Ahhhh a friend with parts is a friend indeed!;)

SmarmyDog said:
Not to fret. I think he's got a bunch of 'em. I noticed he has listed these frequently in the past. If I snagged the last of them I can set you up with a few of each for what I paid ($10 each) plus UPS ground shipping. We DIYers gotta stick together. :)

-Casey Walsh

just a parenthetic )( note -- shipping to US to Canada is cheapest via the USPost Office -- with FedX and UPS there is sometimes an expediter involved which will crush you.

Mr Teal said:
What a coincidence, I just got them today. These things weigh a tonne. NL voltage is 69.5VAC when hooked to 115VAC. Did I mention these weigh a tonne?

Mr Teal would it be too much to ask for you to take a picture of the label on one of those trafos?

Also if this guy expects to be paid within 10 days of auction end, then I think he should be in a hurry to contact us and/or the 10 day period should start when he finally contacts us. It bothers me to no end when these sellers take forever to contact buyers... ARG!:mad:

But of course. :)

Attachments

• trafolabel1.jpg
    trafolabel1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 74
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.