Where to get chassis or chassis parts in Vancouver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I'd hate to order chassis by mail due to nasty shipping charges. Anyone know where to get a steel (that I can get chrome plated) or a copper chassis or parts in Vancouver? And where I can get someone to drill holes in the faceplate for controls?

Vancouver

Since RAE was taken over by Electrosonic the parts situation in Vancouver went all to blazes. Electrosonic was OK for a couple years but then they stopped stocking. RP and Active is about all there is left for electronics and they don't have a lot in mechanical parts.

I once got a nice rack case from a guy in Richmond but he's not around any more. Basically, you have to order stuff in like Hammond stuff. If Hammond or other mail order house can't do it, you have to either get it made of buy something from a pawn shop on Hastings, gut it and use the case.

Myself, I have had stuff custom made for over 20 years but it can be expensive for the first few. The case for a single unit can cost as much as all the electronics inside.

If you can use a plastic case, there is a guy in Surrey at SAV Plastics (its been 4 years since I saw him) who does plastic stuff, at not too bad a price, even in single lots. Not cheap but not a rip either.

By the way, I lived in Vancouver for 20 years before heading to California in 2001. Here, I get my cases made by Anaheim Precision Metal, near Disneyland, and by Taiwan Timing in Taiwan.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.