Daisy-chaining power cables

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am planning to build seven gainclones each in a seperate enclosure with a 200va toroid. Would it be bad to daisy-chain the power cables from the first amp to the second, second to the thirds, third to the fourth, etc.? That way I don't need seven outlets and save on cable clutter. Right now I am planning to use Neutrik Powercon connectors. The other choice would be to put all the amps in one huge enclosure. Any comments/suggestions? Thanks.

--Ferdi

yes, this is fine, as long as the cable and mains plug used before the splitting point can handle at least 12A current this is fine. all seperate sockets are is just // conections to the same source, so creating // conections here is no different to using seperate sockets.

No, they are in series. Each amp down the chain will have it's PSU progressively modulated by the previous ones. I think it will work out ok though because we are talking about mains; as long as each amp has it's own transformer the impedance of the wiring should not be a large factor compared to the impedance from the power company.

If we were talking about high power amps I would worry but we aren't.

The Powercons are great. If you find a supplier with the grey (output) panel mount type, load up on them. They are backordered from Neutrik all the time. Btw, if they are going to be plugged/unplugged a lot get youself a few spares. Neutrik is still getting the bugs out of these and is having a few issues with reliability after repeated make/unmake cycles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.