What are these Capacitors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !
I need to reverse an existing board which is delta-modulator for speech application. The existing board has some big plastic box capacitors(orange color) and non-standard capacitances. They are from Siemens but i can't figure out whats their type (i guess they are Polystyrene (Styroflex?) ) or may be polycarbonate?. I think they are obsolete now? If not where these could be available? If not what could be the replacement?
Please see the attached pic. They are labled as KS 63V, capacitance value with a tolerance letter F, H or J, so they are of very high accuracy.
Please help.

Rider

Attachments

• b31521.jpg
    b31521.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 345
Price issue

Hi!

Thanks to all of you for replies. I think "Peranders" made a good point about price. Since Teflon caps are very expensive, so some guys, (like the one on ebay) rate their price too high by misleading about the type. Polystyrene caps are also considered suitable for filtering/audio applications and so as teflon.

About the usage, I have these caps in an Aerospace application card (a delta modulator for speech ), so I guess these must be critical in that place. Also the values i have are odd like 8.25n, and 7n etc with tolerances of 1%-5%. So I feel they DO matter .

Regards
Rider

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.