one-shot dual opamp suggestion - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2002, 05:49 PM   #1
dorkus is offline dorkus  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to dorkus
Default one-shot dual opamp suggestion

hi,

i have a Sony DVP-NS500V, a cheapo DVD player which i bought for its multichannel SACD capability. it's turned out to sound rather good, at least with SACD (cd sounds mediocre but tolerable) so i figure it's worth my while to replace the opamps in it. it uses a bunch of 4558 dual opamps in SOIC packages, so i need a surface mount replacement (can't socket it). any suggestions? keep in mind that the power supply on this thing is pretty pathetic so i need something that is tolerant of such factors... a simple solder-and-play replacement. nothing too fancy here. ideas? i'm thinking OP275, OPA2604, OPA2134, LM6172, AD746... any other duals in SOIC packages you could suggest? remember, crappy power supply... so no twitchy parts please. i know much has already been said about opamps but i can't afford to try more than one part here (i might destroy the delicate SMT solder pads), so i'm interested in hearing everyone's one-shot suggestions for my application. just reply with a simple vote for one part or another, don't need to explain why.

thanks,
marc
Old 20th May 2002, 06:40 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: one-shot dual opamp suggestion

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dorkus
[B]hi,

----------------------------------------------

Try 286 for I/V; 2604 or 2132 for others. Watch out for the strong adhesive that Sony uses for the SMTs.
Old 20th May 2002, 06:49 PM   #3
dorkus is offline dorkus  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to dorkus
cool, sounds good. this is just for output stage IC btw... i think the IVs are part of the LSI DAC IC they use in this model.
Old 20th May 2002, 07:03 PM   #4
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Marc,

You are correct the ic is used as a summer and amplifier. I like the 2604 myself. You could also try buffering the outputs.

Jam
Old 21st May 2002, 04:59 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I would go with AD823 or AD8512.

Hide this!Advertise here!