Help, source for 100.000MF/63V elco caps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Capacitors

If you decide to buy smaller ones and add them up may I
suggest a special purchase I made:
10,000 UF 63V Snap In 1 3/8" dia X 1 5/8" Tall $1.50ea
12,000 UF 50V Snap-In 1 1/4" dia X 2" Tall $1.29ea
These are pictured on my website at www.apexjr.com
under the new arrivals, use the link on the home page.
I do ship overseas and have other caps listed including
a 68,000Uf 50V at $5.95ea.
Steve @ Apex Jr.

Re: Capacitors

Apex Jr said:
If you decide to buy smaller ones and add them up may I
suggest a special purchase I made:
10,000 UF 63V Snap In 1 3/8" dia X 1 5/8" Tall $1.50ea
12,000 UF 50V Snap-In 1 1/4" dia X 2" Tall $1.29ea
These are pictured on my website at www.apexjr.com
under the new arrivals, use the link on the home page.
I do ship overseas and have other caps listed including
a 68,000Uf 50V at $5.95ea.
Steve @ Apex Jr.
That is a great price! Go for the 10000uF at 63v times ten and you will be very satisfied.

Steve,

thanks for telling me this: I DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOUR PRICE! About 3 months ago I ordered 100x 10.000µF/63V, for $2.75 each at some US-company (from the US to Europe, so I paid a fine amount for shipping and import duties), and that was CHEAP (same capacitors as on your picture), at least, comparing to the usual prices in europe.

Thanks for letting me know I paid almost a double price...GRRRRRR

Grtz, Joris

markp said:
You would be better off using a bunch of 10000uF caps in place of one big one. It would be cheaper too.

With greatly reduced ESR to boot. The McCormack DNA series of amplifiers use a number of reasonably sized capacitors right beside the power transistors, as I recall, although if you use that architecture you might want to stick a smallish inductor between the rectifier and caps to keep the higher frequency switching noise away from the audio boards.

Francois.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.